Sure, being a dad isn’t always fun. Let’s face it kids don’t always listen. But it’s the simple, little moments that make you forget all the tantrums.
Amazed by the Easter bunny
Today we took maddy to see the Easter bunny at the local rec center. She was a little overwhelmed at first, it was noisy with lots of kids running to and fro. But as soon as she saw the bunny she made a bee line. We had to corral her and have her wait in line. Then after she saw him, we went back for a second visit.
Getting older makes us jaded and cynical
The real fun of kids is rediscovering the world as they do. I know, I’m only reciting the same realizations every new parent has. But it’s still true. Kids keep you young at heart (and sleepy). And help you see the world as you use to. As a magical place.
I look forward to discovering and exploring the world more with my little girl. Some day she’ll have to learn the world is a bit poopy. But for now it can be new and magical.
I read this CNET news article and all I could say is…wow. I mean…what is Adobe thinking? If you’re going to add a fee to something that was previously free then you have to add enormous value. But it seems they’re simply changing the rules. And they’re doing it at a time when Flash is under attack on multiple fronts. It seems an ill fated course.
My love hate relationship with Adobe is volatile. I use Adobe products every day to accomplish my job. I’ve used and applauded Adobe products for decades. But once they started to attain an unrivaled position in the graphic arts community (after they took down Quark) they’ve started to irk me. They’ve become prideful bullies.
Adobe…pride goeth before a fall…I hope you find a soft landing.
Adobe to charge Flash coders to use ‘premium’ features | Deep Tech – CNET News.
Like most designers and ad guys I revere and love David Ogilvy. So when I stumbled upon this blog post with 10 Ogilvy quotes…I knew I had to post it.
- “The consumer isn’t a moron; she is your wife.”
- “The best ideas come as jokes. Make your thinking as funny as possible.”
- “Don’t bunt. Aim out of the ball park. Aim for the company of immortals.”
- “I have a theory that the best ads come from personal experience. Some of the good ones I have done have really come out of the real experience of my life, and somehow this has come over as true and valid and persuasive.”
- “I don’t know the rules of grammar… If you’re trying to persuade people to do something, or buy something, it seems to me you should use their language, the language they use every day, the language in which they think. We try to write in the vernacular.”
- “Good copy can’t be written with tongue in cheek, written just for a living. You’ve got to believe in the product.”
- “If you ever have the good fortune to create a great advertising campaign, you will soon see another agency steal it. This is irritating, but don’t let it worry you; nobody has ever built a brand by imitating somebody else’s advertising.”
- “First, make yourself a reputation for being a creative genius. Second, surround yourself with partners who are better than you are. Third, leave them to go get on with it.”
- “Never stop testing, and your advertising will never stop improving.”
- “On the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar. “
Got to see my daughter at the office. A nice surprise. So we snuck out down the street to a nearby park.
We should brace for an onslaught of Redditors pitching movies
This is a great story. A creative fella posted some ideas about the US Marines fighting the Roman legions…. and it became popular. So popular movie execs noticed. It really is a small, heavily connected world.
How One Response to a Reddit Query Became a Big Budget Flick | Underwire | Wired.com.
OK, I’ll admit it….I manage and curate lots of various blogs during work. We generate a lot of content for clients. So I’ve never really kept up with my own blog.
But I figure…it’s time. And since the old, old, old, blog I set up using Apple’s MobileMe and iWeb (don’t laugh) is going to disappear when the web hosting part of MobileMe ends (very soon). I figured it’s as good as time as any to restart my personal blog…and move it to something that’s easier to use and support. Yup…WordPress.